Thursday, October 4, 2012

the BEST apple bread

Since the title of my blog is 'apple farmers wife"  I guess I might as well share some of my findings..first and foremost the BEST apple bread recipe out there. (See below)
I really enjoy cooking but there are only a few things I follow a recipe for, this is one of them.  I can't think of the others right now but there must be at least one other recipe I use....

This little gem is the mix of a few different recipes from multiple cookbooks combined together to make my fabulously yummy and totally fattening apple bread.  (if memory serves it's a mix of a Paula Deen zucchini recipe, a Better Homes & Garden one for something else and a third I have blocked out!)

Mix:
4 lightly beaten eggs
1 cup oil
1/3 cup apple cider
3ish cups of shredded apples ( any kind will do, I just cut off the core and run through food processor skin and all)


In another bowl mix:
3 cup sugar
3 1/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Few shakes nutmeg
Few teaspoons cinnamon(guesstimate)


Add the wet to the dry and stir until combined. Bake 350 for about 45 min depending on pan size. This will make 2 loaves but I usually make on big brownie pan instead. Freezes really well. If you don't have cider you can use water but cider makes it more yum. Use as much apple as you want!


Seriously, even if you don't cook much this is worth a shot. It's pretty easy and your family will love you.  Make the large pan because you are more likely to cook it correctly vs using the loaf pans.  Personally I hate loaf pans because there is a higher risk of being overdone/underdone and it takes longer.   Happy baking :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi D. Fun to see you blogging. We need pix on your posts! can't wait to bake this bread. xo SKF

    ReplyDelete